Wednesday 7 May 2014

Task 4D - Literature Review - Book 1


Looking within classes of which dance is taught, I must look firstly at the two things that must be in place for anything of this sort tow happen: somebody to learn from, and somebody to teach. However, with health and safety being my focus here, most of this responsibility is to be put upon the teacher, and I will therefore start with them:
 
 

 

As I wanted to set something out for each teacher, I must first look at how much sway is given for personality traits, and whether this is something that is taken into consideration. Therefore my first book is

“Personality and Intelligence at Work” by Adrian Furnham

So looking at the section on individual differences at work, it talks about differences in personalities, and whether this has any effect on their success within the workplace, neutral of the type of job:
 

Although I have not conducted a study myself, nor gathered secondary information, it does give theories that others have come up with.
 

 

This was not something that I wanted to go too deeply into, but was something that I felt needed to be addressed early on in my investigations. It may arise at some time, deeper into my inquiry when I open new paths to follow. However, from the findings here, I am quite happy to generalise my findings to all teachers, however I must pay attention to the external, situational factors and set things out in this way: If all teachers are expected to act upon the same morals, the action of the teacher is therefore dependent on the circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment